Found on buildings all over America, murals show us what’s important to the neighborhoods through local references, landscapes, icons, and environments. NOW Art is facilitating a community mural program with Walmart to include art inside of the entrances that anchor people to the place. We hope to foster a sense of belonging by celebrating the diverse experiences of their customers and associates.
We’re looking for local and regional artists to create mural renders that reflect each store location’s community. Since its inception, this program has placed artwork in hundreds of stores nationwide. These murals are seen by the thousands of people who visit each store every day.
To participate in this program and be placed in the directory, we are considering artists who create
compositions in various styles.
If an artist is selected from the directory, compensation for the mural will be up to $1,000 per project.
Artwork must be created in a week’s time frame. Artists of all ages, levels of experience, and talent
What would the deliverable requirements be?
- Artworks can be made with traditional media or through digital art software. The artist can submit their image render from a scan, photograph, or from
a direct file export.
- The final deliverable must be formatted for printing at a large-scale. This means that it needs to be high resolution between 500 –
720 dpi and set CMYK color profile.
What is the compensation?
- Artists will be paid up to $1,000 per completed project. There is the opportunity to do more commissions based on the needs of store locations.
Am I allowed to share in social media or my portfolio?
- Yes, please feel free to share any content on your socials including the progress and the final artwork. Be sure to tag us on lnstagram!
- Email Kim Phan Nguyen at email@example.com
- Visit Community Mural Program – NOW Art (nowartpublic.com)
- or view this PDF for more information. Walmart Community Mural Program Deck 2024 (002)