Exhibitions available as early as June 2020. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and proposed exhibition month in the subject line.
The Cultural Council’s headquarters (601 Lake Ave., Lake Worth Beach) features three galleries. In most cases, the space is used for visual arts exhibitions in the Fall/Winter and for performances (music, dance, etc.) in the Spring/Summer.
Lawrence A. Sanders Foundation Artist Resource Center (Solo Gallery)
The purpose of the Sanders Resource Center is to provide Palm Beach County-based emerging or professional visual artists with an opportunity for a solo exhibition. Solo Gallery exhibitions are typically offered year-round. These shows are available to members of the Council (Household level and above) for a competitive fee and typically run for one month. The Council’s Artist Resources Team (ART) is available to assist in the selection of the artwork to be displayed, install/de-install the show, handle logistics and sales, and answer all questions along the way. The Council retains 25% of all art sales. These funds are used to support the artist services staff and maintain the building.
The benefits of a solo exhibition for an artist include:
- Professionally-installed show in well-respected gallery space
- Opening reception for the artist’s friends, family and supporters
- Valuable exposure to Council members and the general public
- Marketing and public relations support
- Sales potential
In-season (Nov. – March): $1,250
Shoulder-season (September, October, April, May): $800
Summer (June-Aug.): $500
*Fees may be shared among two artists. Both artists must be approved in advance by the Council. It is the responsibility of the first solo artist to confirm the second artist and handle fee payment. For solo exhibitions with multiple artists, there will only be one postcard and one opening reception.
- Announcement postcard (self-mailer) with an image and short artist statement/exhibition summary. The Council will design and print 300 cards (200 will go to the artist to distribute and 100 will be displayed at the lobby desk).
- Opening reception for up to 50 guests with light refreshments provided (artist can bring additional refreshments at their own expense). Artist is responsible for handling invitations and RSVPs. Receptions should be scheduled on a Saturday from 3-5 p.m. (during regular gallery hours).*
- Inclusion of the show on Council’s website and in e-newsletter (bi-monthly), artist newsletter (monthly), press announcement (monthly) and select collateral materials (Season Preview brochure, Annual Report, etc.)
- Exhibition signage, including: wall vinyl and artist bio** in the gallery; dedicated A-frame sign in front of the Council’s headquarters; and TV monitor sign in the lobby
- Opportunity to be a “Featured Artist” in the Council’s social media program
*Opening receptions may also be scheduled during an Evenings at the Council event, which occur on the third Friday of the month from 6:30-8:30 p.m. Augmented programming or performances must be approved in advance and may incur additional fees for staff time and janitorial service.
**Artist to provide copy; editing services available upon request.