The Cultural Council is seeking to identify four creative professionals within these specific disciplines (dance, music, theater, and literature-including poets and spoken word artists) to serve as Artist Ambassadors for a two-year term from 2023 to 2025. Each will receive a $1,000 per year stipend (made in two installments) and will be featured on the Council’s new website. Ambassadors will research resources in their respective fields, keep the Council apprised of news, calls to artists, and other important information that can be shared with the field, as well as serve as a resource to the professionals in their respective genre. The EXTENDED deadline to apply is August 25, 2023 by 11:59 pm.
Term of service: September 15, 2023 – September 15, 2025. Each ambassador will have a performance review and an option to renew at the completion of their first year in the program.
- Serve as an ambassador for the Cultural Council and our subject matter expert and liaison between creative professionals in the industry and cultural organizations that support their discipline. Estimated 4 hours per month/48 hours per year.
- Create a discipline-specific toolkit of links to articles, blogs, and other resources (such as where to purchase/rent equipment, rehearsal space, practice venues, and studios) to be included on the Council’s website and updated twice a year.
- Organize one Institute for Cultural Advancement workshop per year that would serve as professional development to the field (workshops are usually 1.5 hours and can be led by the Ambassador or a colleague or panel, as determined).
- Contribute one 500–750-word article on a relevant topic that the Council will promote on its blog, social media, etc.
- Be available to respond to emails, phone calls, or other inquiries within 48 hours to provide referrals, technical assistance, or other support.
Interested creative professionals should meet the following criteria:
- Have worked in their field for 10 or more years – does not necessarily need to be consecutive years or in the same art form
- Have resided in Palm Beach County for three consecutive years
- Have demonstrable biographical history that clearly indicates a sustained pursuit of a career as a creative professional
How to Apply:
Please apply on CaFé via the link below starting on June 30. You’ll be required to provide:
- Contact information (phone and email)
- City of residence
- Professional resume/CV: No longer than 3 pages
- Statement: What is the Cultural Council’s greatest strength and greatest opportunity? How will you help support or improve these things? (Limit 200 words)
- Print samples (2): Which may include articles, brochures, letters of support, printed programs, reviews, or anything concerning the applicant personally or professionally
- Work samples (5): Which may include: images, video files, audio files, and up to 5 pages of writing samples
The selection committee will be composed of Cultural Council staff and board members as well as a select group of Artist Innovation Fellowship awardees. The committee will make their decisions based on the applicant’s statement, work samples, and supplemental materials. Ambassadors will be selected who demonstrate a sustained level of accomplishment, commitment, and artistic excellence in their field as well as a commitment to the community.
- June 30, 2023 – Call opens on CaFé
- August 25, 2023 – Deadline for submissions
- August 31 – Committee determines ambassadors
- September 4 – Notification to ambassadors
- September 15 – Begin ambassadorship
*Dates subject to change