Supporting Palm Beach County Artists
As part of our mission, the Cultural Council now provides the following services to Creative Professionals in Palm Beach County—across all disciplines at every level—at no cost:
- An opportunity to be listed in our online artist directory with short biography, up to 10 images, 3 videos and links to website(s) and social media
- An invitation to Creative Professional networking/collaborative events (2 to 3 times per year) hosted by the Council
- A subscription to our monthly Artist Newsletter email
- An invitation to select professional development workshops
- Unlimited access to the Council’s Artist Resource Team (ART)
Additional Benefits with Membership
Along with the free services provided, Creative Professionals receive additional benefits when they become a member. Learn more about those benefits here.
Thanks to the dedicated team at the Cultural Council, I’ve learned a tremendous amount about exhibiting and promoting, both important for my personal and professional growth as an artist.
– 2016 Dina Baker Fund winner, Batia Lowenberg
Artist Innovation Fellowship Program
The Council’s Artist Innovation Fellowship Program celebrates the artistic process and supports professional artists in all artistic disciplines with funding to pursue new avenues of creativity, expand upon current work, and other endeavors to propel his/her career forward.
The Artist Innovation Fellowship Program has expanded to now include funding for six $7,500 fellowships in 2022. Each fellow will have one year to complete his/her fellowship activities. The program culminates with an exhibition and performance showcase at the Cultural Council’s headquarters in Lake Worth Beach in 2023.
Selected by a regional panel of discipline-specific arts professionals, applicants are evaluated according to: the quality of the applicant’s artistic work, the strength of their proposed fellowship activities and its relation to their work, and the intended impact on the applicant and his/her work. Fellowships are awarded to applicants who demonstrate a sustained level of accomplishment, commitment, and artistic excellence.
For information on the inaugural 2020 Artist Innovation Fellowship recipients and their current showcase exhibition, click here.
2022 Artist Innovation Fellowship Program Timeline
- July 2, 2021: Applications open
- July 21, 2021, 6 p.m.: Application Workshop at Boca Raton Museum of Art (Boca Raton)*
- July 22, 2021, 6 p.m.: Application Workshop at Armory Art Center (West Palm Beach)*
- August 2, 2021, 6 p.m.: Application Workshop at Palm Beach State College (Palm Beach Gardens)*
- August 4, 2021, 6 p.m.: Application Workshop at Palm Beach State College (Belle Glade)*
- August 27, 2021: Application deadline
- October 2021: Adjudication by panel of discipline-specific creative professionals
- October 20, 2021: Cultural Council board approval of six 2022 fellows
- October 21, 2021: Notifications sent to 2022 fellows
- October 28, 2021: Announcement of fellowship recipients at Cultural Council event
- January 1–December 31, 2022: Fellowship activity period
- March 2023: Final report due
- June 2023: 2022 Artist Innovation Fellowship Showcase
*Workshops are optional, but strongly suggested. The same material will be covered during each workshop. RSVP is required: email@example.com
2022 Artist Innovation Fellowship Program Application
Please review the application guidelines before you begin your online application. Click on the apply button below when you are ready to start your application. The application deadline is August 27, 2021. For questions, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dina Baker Fund for Mature Female Artists
Ms. Dina Baker has established the Dina Baker Fund for Mature Female Artists with the Cultural Council to help stabilize and strengthen the careers of female Artists sixty (60) years of age or older who reside and work in Palm Beach County, who have recognizable artistic merit and who are deserving of financial assistance (whether professional, personal or both) to enable them to further their artistic development and achievement.
A grant of $10,000 is awarded to one individual meeting the eligibility requirements and demonstrating artistic merit and financial need. Funds can be used to support professional development, arts related exhibition expenses, equipment, supplies, healthcare costs and/or basic living expenses. In addition, the recipient receives a one-year membership from the Cultural Council and a solo show in the Cultural Council gallery.
Past Award Winners
• 2018: Hegina Rodrigues
• 2017: Debra Yates
• 2015: Alyssa Di Edwardo
SFCC Grant to Contemporary Visual & Media Artists
The South Florida Cultural Consortium (SFCC) Grant Program offers the largest regional, government-sponsored artists’ grants in the United States, awarding $15,000 and $7,500 grants to resident visual and media artists from Broward, Martin, Miami-Dade, Monroe and Palm Beach counties.
Since established in 1988, the Consortium has awarded over to $4 million in grants to over 300 artists. In addition to receiving the grant, the artists take part in an exhibition hosted and organized by a visual arts institution in one of the five counties.
Congratulations to the 2019-2020 SFCC recipient for Palm Beach County, Ates Isildak. Read the announcement here.
Deadline for the 2020-2021 SFCC grant cycle: Monday, October 19, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. For more information or to apply, go to miamidadepublicart.org/#fellowship.
Palm Beach County Artist Relief Fund
COVID-19 has threatened the stability of our economy and our way of life. In response, the Council created the Palm Beach County Artist Relief Fund to support Palm Beach County creative professionals through small grants of $250 (artists in music, theatre, dance, literature and the visual arts) whose creative work has been affected by COVID-19. Learn more about the fund and see the list of grantees here.
To date, the Council has awarded grants to more than 100 artists. As businesses continue to reopen, and live events start to return, the Council will continue to develop grant programs to distribute these funds to artists in need. Please sign up for our Artist Newsletter to learn about future funding opportunities as they become available.