Position Type: Full-time, Exempt (40 hours)
Reports to: Marketing Manager
The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is hiring a Marketing Coordinator to provide support to the Marketing Department. Responsibilities include managing project deadlines, contributing content for digital platforms (website, social media, and email), conducting research, and general administrative tasks. This role requires written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work with ease across multiple subject areas in a fast-paced environment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supports project management by tracking assignments in Basecamp, monitoring deadlines and communicating across departments;
- Contributes to social media strategy and content calendar; provides support, some ‘live’ coverage at events, and tracks key performance indicators;
- Provides assistance for Council programs, including exhibition openings, Culture & Cocktails, and other special events when required;
- Supports the Council’s cultural tourism marketing plan by assisting with activations and promotions;
- Provides general support for the Council’s marketing team, including processing invoices, assembling swag bags, arranging for meetings, and assisting with small website updates;
- Conducts market research, gathers analytics and prepares reports as necessary;
- Participates in all staff and department meetings;
- Performs other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience
- A.A. degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of arts and culture preferred.
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Writing and editing skills;
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to work collaboratively;
- Knowledge of social media marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn);
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop;
- Knowledge of project management software preferred (Basecamp), but not required.
The Cultural Council offers a competitive compensation package with benefits.
About the Council
The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is the only organization solely dedicated to supporting arts and culture in The Palm Beaches, Florida’s Cultural Capital®. In its sustaining effort to foster growth of the cultural sector, the Council provides support services to cultural organizations and creative professionals, administers public and private grant programs, advocates for cultural funding, enhances local arts education, and promotes cultural tourism.
We believe that everyone has cultural traditions that are inherently valuable. We seek to honor and value creative expression of all people through the work of the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County. Creating an art-filled community means seeing, celebrating, and serving all. Cultural equity is essential to a sustainable arts and cultural sector and a vibrant and thriving community.
Please submit resume without a cover letter to: email@example.com and put Marketing Coordinator 2022 in the subject line.