Palm Beach State has proudly served our students and the residents of Palm Beach County for 80 years. From its humble beginning in 1933, the college has experienced remarkable growth, rising from a small junior college with 41 students to a comprehensive state college serving 48,000 students annually at four locations strategically located throughout the county. Courses offered via the Internet are providing thousands of students locally and from around the world access to our programs at the College. Serving residents of the western communities of Palm Beach County, the Belle Glade location opened in 1972. The permanent facility was built in 1977 and occupied in January 1978. Guided since 1999 by a consortium of educational, community and civic leaders called the Glades Initiative Partnership Council, the College has expanded general education, occupational training, student services and community outreach to meet the diverse educational needs of the area. The Belle Glade location offers comprehensive courses for college transfer to four-year institutions as well as career, technical and continuing education courses. The 470-seat Dolly Hand Cultural Arts Center at Belle Glade was completed in 1982, and the lobby was expanded in 1996. The theater offers a variety of cultural and entertainment performances and is available for rental by individuals and organizations. High-skills career programs are housed at the newly constructed Technical Education Center completed in 2010.