Director of Marketing
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County seeks a qualified candidate for the position of Director of Marketing. This position is full-time, reports to the CEO and is responsible for all aspects of marketing and promotions at the Council.
The person in this position manages a robust cultural tourism marketing program, public relations, institutional branding, community relations, and all related promotional activities. In addition, this person will be engaged in some activities associated with advocacy locally, statewide and nationally, as the liaison to efforts with the Florida Cultural Alliance and Americans for the Arts. This person manages a staff of six full-time positions, plus interns. Details associated with the position and program overseen by this person:
- The annual budget for cultural tourism that is overseen by this position is $1.5 million +, and a high level of budget and project management experience is expected. Past campaigns have won regional awards and produced unprecedented results, and this level of success is expected to continue.
- All marketing and promotion for all Council events, exhibits and programs
- The funding for the cultural tourism program is from Palm Beach County and contract compliance and all reporting requirements fall under this position.
- Vendor management of the two companies who are currently under contract for both advertising and public relations work.
- The Cultural Marketing Committee, a group of marketing staff people from around Palm Beach County, gathers monthly and as needed. The Council manages these meetings to encourage collaboration, coop advertising, and also provides guidance, leadership and training to this group.
- The Council’s website now attracts more than 800,000 visitors per year and is undergoing augmentation over the next year.
- The award winning art&culture magazine is published three times per year, and a new publisher was
just selected who will work closely with the marketing department and CEO.
- All Council collateral for promotional purposes locally and nationally.
A successful candidate will have knowledge of all aspects of marketing and public relations and a sophisticated knowledge of the arts and culture. Experience working with and managing contracts with outside marketing firms and demonstrated abilities to manage large projects is important. A professional approach and an enthusiastic team-oriented attitude are essential. As the primary management staff person at the Council overseeing promotional programs, this person also researches best practices in other locations to bring that learning and those examples to Palm Beach County.
Candidate should have a minimum of a bachelor degree and five years experience in this or a related field.
Deadline to apply: November 7, 2016. To apply: Send a resume, a cover letter, and the names of three references to Search for Director of Marketing and Government Affairs, Cultural Council of Palm Beach County, 601 Lake Avenue, Lake Worth, Florida 33460 OR firstname.lastname@example.org and put DMGA in the subject line. No calls, please.
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County is looking for volunteers to assist 4-6 hours per week greeting guests in the lobby, monitoring the gallery and gift shop and some light administrative work. Ideally, the volunteer can make a commitment to work the same afternoon each week and has some prior “customer service” experience. Please contact Kathleen Alex at email@example.com.
Palm Beach County Arts and Cultural Job Listings
Visit the classifieds section of our events calendar for more job listings from throughout Palm Beach County, along with auditions, calls to artists and workshops.