The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County is a private, non-profit, membership-based corporation. As the official agency for cultural destination marketing in The Palm Beaches, the Council leads the way in nurturing, promoting and celebrating the artistic and cultural community in Florida’s Cultural Capital. In this leadership role, the Council administers a portion of local tourist development funds under contract with Palm Beach County government. Additionally the Council has exciting special events and programs including artist and musician services, art education, and grant programs. Click to learn more.
Internship Program Overview
This paid part-time internship is designed to give currently enrolled college students or recent graduates the opportunity to work within a professional marketing team to gain real-world experience. Candidates must have superior communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team. The environment is fast-paced and requires someone who can multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality standards.
Work period: Three months (option for extension at completion of work period)
Schedule: 2-3 days per week, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Cultural Council of Palm Beach County, 601 Lake Avenue, Lake Worth, FL 33460 (no relocation)
Compensation: Up to $600/month
- Ability to work well within a team
- Writing skills
- Superior communication skills and phone etiquette
- Proficiency in social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Google+
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with Adobe software (InDesign & Photoshop), photography and video editing is a plus
- Assisting with daily marketing duties
- Event planning
- Producing and distributing collateral materials
- Meeting and presentation coordination
- Submitting calendar listings
- Assisting with monthly media invoicing process
- Taking a proactive role in planning and monitoring social media posts, and engaging/building new audiences
Please submit to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Resume and cover letter
- Writing sample
- Sample of work with social media (i.e. social media plan, campaign, contest, etc.)
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County is looking for volunteers to assist 4-6 hours per week greeting guests in the lobby, monitoring the gallery and gift shop and some light administrative work. Ideally, the volunteer can make a commitment to work the same afternoon each week and has some prior “customer service” experience. Please contact Kathleen Alex at email@example.com.