This full-time position reports directly to the Director of Marketing and is responsible for driving creative projects and promotions at the Council. As project and traffic manager, the Marketing Manager interfaces with the internal marketing team, outside marketing consultants (i.e. national advertising agency; magazine publisher), Council member organizations and other important cultural and business partners. Pre-planning, cost analysis, TDC contract compliance, scheduling, estimating, negotiating and reporting are all essential parts of the position. The Marketing Manager also manages the Council’s internship program, designed to help develop new talent in the cultural sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Project management: Manages production schedule for all collateral materials, marketing promotions, videos, presentations, advertising flights, art&culture magazine, etc.
- Interfaces with national advertising agency to participate in regular status calls/meetings; coordinate approvals; contribute to strategy; etc.
- Collaborates with marketing team to guide the design process and development of communication initiatives
- Communicates across all Council departments to ensure on-time completion of projects
- Works with PR on trade shows, out-of-county promotions, receptions, etc.
- Contributes to social media strategy
- Maintains quality and brand standards
- Manages marketing department budget/invoice/payment system
- Manages vendors, analyzes costs and negotiates bids on all materials and services
Qualifications and Requirements
- B.A. or B.S. in marketing, communications, management
- Minimum of 5 years related experience
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Organized, detail oriented and able to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Knowledge of arts and culture preferred
Please send your resume to email@example.com.
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County is looking for volunteers to assist 4-6 hours per week greeting guests in the lobby, monitoring the gallery and gift shop and some light administrative work. Ideally, the volunteer can make a commitment to work the same afternoon each week and has some prior “customer service” experience. Please contact Kathleen Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the classifieds section of our events calendar for more job listings from throughout Palm Beach County, along with auditions, calls to artists and workshops.