Public Relations Intern
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County is a private, non-profit, membership-based corporation. As the official agency for cultural destination marketing in The Palm Beaches, the Council leads the way in nurturing, promoting and celebrating the artistic and cultural community in Florida’s Cultural Capital. In this leadership role, the Council administers a portion of local tourist development funds under contract with Palm Beach County government. Additionally the Council has exciting special events and programs including artist and musician services, art education, and grant programs. Click here to learn more.
Internship Program Overview
This paid part-time internship is designed to give currently enrolled college students or recent graduates the opportunity to gain real-world experience in public relations. Candidates must have superior communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team. The environment is fast-paced and requires someone who can multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality standards.
Work period: Three months (option for extension at completion of work period)
Schedule: 2-3 days per week, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Cultural Council of Palm Beach County, Lake Worth, FL (no relocation)
Compensation: Up to $600/month
- Ability to work well within a team
- Superior communication skills and phone etiquette
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Paint (photo editing) and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to perform a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new technology tools including press clipping and Web monitoring programs (Cision, PR Newswire, Google Alerts, Talkwalker)
- A meticulous eye for design and layout for press clippings and presentations
- Assisting with daily public relations duties
- Event planning
- Daily uploading, organizing, monitoring, clipping, paste-up, copying and scanning press clips
- Meeting and presentation coordination
- Researching, creating and updating media lists
- Writing press releases and following up with media
Please submit to email@example.com:
- Resume and cover letter
- Writing sample
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County is looking for volunteers to assist 4-6 hours per week greeting guests in the lobby, monitoring the gallery and gift shop and some light administrative work. Ideally, the volunteer can make a commitment to work the same afternoon each week and has some prior “customer service” experience. Please contact Kathleen Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the classifieds section of our events calendar for more job listings from throughout Palm Beach County, along with auditions, calls to artists and workshops.