Manager of Arts and Cultural Education
The Manager of Arts and Cultural Education is responsible for the overall management of the Education Department including the following programs:
- Cultural Educators Committee- a monthly forum for ideas, professional development, dialogue and exchange with other Palm Beach County cultural educators
- Arts in My Backyard Grant- an in-house program, which maintains the following objectives:
– On-going after-school arts classes in the Council’s headquarters
– Transportation-funded field trips to the Council’s galleries
– Monthly intergenerational Family Saturdays
– Arts integration school partnership
Arts in My Backyard brings arts educators and their programs to the Council, providing exposure for partner organizations as well as opportunities for youth and families to engage with the visual arts, dance, drama and music in Lake Worth.
- Summer Cultural Camp Guide and Scholarship program
- Annual Art & Culture Educational Guide
- Liaison to the School District of Palm Beach County
- Teaching Artist Regional Certification through the South Florida Cultural Consortium
To apply, send a resume, cover letter and the names of three references to:
Search for Manager of Arts and Cultural Education
Cultural Council of Palm Beach County
601 Lake Avenue
Lake Worth, Florida 33460
firstname.lastname@example.org and put ACE in the subject line. No calls, please.
Public Relations Intern
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County is a private, non-profit, membership-based corporation. As the official agency for cultural destination marketing in The Palm Beaches, the Council leads the way in nurturing, promoting and celebrating the artistic and cultural community in Florida’s Cultural Capital. In this leadership role, the Council administers a portion of local tourist development funds under contract with Palm Beach County government. Additionally the Council has exciting special events and programs including artist and musician services, art education, and grant programs. Click here to learn more.
Internship Program Overview
This paid part-time internship is designed to give currently enrolled college students or recent graduates the opportunity to gain real-world experience in public relations. Candidates must have superior communication skills and the ability to work effectively within a team. The environment is fast-paced and requires someone who can multi-task and meet deadlines while maintaining high quality standards.
Work period: Three months (option for extension at completion of work period)
Schedule: 2-3 days per week, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Location: Cultural Council of Palm Beach County, Lake Worth, FL (no relocation)
Compensation: Up to $600/month
- Ability to work well within a team
- Superior communication skills and phone etiquette
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs including Outlook, Word, Excel, Paint (photo editing) and PowerPoint
- Flexibility to perform a wide range of tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to learn new technology tools including press clipping and Web monitoring programs (Cision, PR Newswire, Google Alerts, Talkwalker)
- A meticulous eye for design and layout for press clippings and presentations
- Assisting with daily public relations duties
- Event planning
- Daily uploading, organizing, monitoring, clipping, paste-up, copying and scanning press clips
- Meeting and presentation coordination
- Researching, creating and updating media lists
- Writing press releases and following up with media
Please submit to email@example.com:
- Resume and cover letter
- Writing sample
The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County is looking for volunteers to assist 4-6 hours per week greeting guests in the lobby, monitoring the gallery and gift shop and some light administrative work. Ideally, the volunteer can make a commitment to work the same afternoon each week and has some prior “customer service” experience. Please contact Kathleen Alex at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the classifieds section of our events calendar for more job listings from throughout Palm Beach County, along with auditions, calls to artists and workshops.