March 22 gala is where art and culture shine on and off the stage
Good news for lovers of art and culture: Tickets are now available for the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County’s 2018 Muse Awards, at palmbeachculture.com/muse. The biennial dinner, live show and awards ceremony will take place on March 22 at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts Cohen Pavilion to honor individuals and organizations that have made significant contributions to art and culture in The Palm Beaches.
The 2018 Muse Awards will happen on a special day of celebration for art and culture in The Palm Beaches. The event falls on the birthday of Alexander Dreyfoos, who 40 years ago founded the Council and helped transform Palm Beach County to the culture-rich destination that it is today. The evening’s ‘ruby’ theme will honor this milestone.
The Muse Awards is an opportunity to support all of the artists, performers and creators who make Palm Beach County shine as Florida’s Cultural Capital®. Proceeds support the Cultural Council’s ongoing programs, including arts education for students, services for Palm Beach County artists and musicians, professional development for teachers and advocacy for cultural funding.
2018 Muse Awards recipients are:
- Outstanding Environmental and Science Organization: Loggerhead Marinelife Center (Jupiter)
- Excellence in Diversity and Inclusion: Young Singers of The Palm Beaches (Belle Glade and West Palm Beach)
- Outstanding Art in Public Places: CANVAS Art Charities (West Palm Beach/Lake Worth)
- Outstanding School Committed to Arts Integration: Milagro Center (Delray Beach)
- Outstanding Business Arts Partner: PNC Bank
- Liman Excellence in Arts Education: Boca Raton Museum of Art (Boca Raton)
- The Legacy Award – Organization: Morikami Museum and Japanese Gardens (Delray Beach)
- The Legacy Award – Individual: Judy Goodman
Alex and Renate Dreyfoos serve as Honorary Chairs; Roe Green is Grand Benefactor Chair; and PNC Arts Alive is Premier Benefactor of the 2018 Muse Awards. Muse co-chairs are George Elmore and Marti LaTour, Judy Goodman and J. John Goodman, M.D., Nathan and Julie Slack, Dom Telesco, and Leo and Kathryn Vecellio. Tickets are $400 each, or $4,000 for a table of ten.
For sponsorship opportunities and further ticket information please contact Gabrielle Vitucci, development associate, at (561) 472‑3342 or firstname.lastname@example.org.