Palm Beach County is now the Spring Training home of four major league baseball teams, and the county is bursting with cultural activities for visiting fans.
The brand-new Ballpark of The Palm Beaches opens this month in West Palm Beach. The 6,500-seat facility will be the Spring Training home to the Houston Astros and Washington Nationals. Baseball and culture will come together when Palm Beach Opera performs the stadium’s first national anthem on opening day, February 28. Further north in Jupiter, Roger Dean Stadium is home to the St. Louis Cardinals and Miami Marlins.
Both venues are located near hundreds of cultural institutions where fans can catch musical performances, dance, art, nature trails, glass-blowing, and even one of the world’s most important giant sea turtle rescue centers.
Among the experiences that await baseball fans:
- “Baseball in The Palm Beaches” at the Historical Society of Palm Beach County, through July 1 in Downtown West Palm Beach
- Midtown Peace, Love and Wellness Festival (music festival), March 18 in Midtown on PGA Blvd
- Festival of the Arts BOCA, March 2-12 in Boca Raton
- 4th Annual Plein Air Festival (artists painting for 4 days and nights, March 8-12 at various sites
- Art Boca Raton Contemporary Art Fair, March 16-19 at International Pavilion of the Palm Beaches at Florida Atlantic University, Boca Raton
- The Historical Society of Palm Beach County’s “Evening on Antique Row,” March 4 in the West Palm Beach antiques district
- “The Sugar Bean Sisters,” Lake Worth Playhouse, March 2-19 in Lake Worth
- The Jive Aces at Kravis Center, March 14, 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. in West Palm Beach
- Sir James Galway and Lady Jeanne Galway, Society of the Four Arts, March 15 in Palm Beach
- “The Lost Bird Project: Memorials to Extinct Birds” by Todd McGrain, through June 20 at the Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens in West Palm Beach
- Glass-blowing at Benzaiten Center for the Creative Arts in Lake Worth
- Loggerhead Marinelife Center sea turtle rehabilitation facility in Juno Beach
- Gumbo Limbo Nature Center sea turtle rehabilitation facility and nature walk in Boca Raton
- Guided kayak birdwatching, underwater photography, nature walks and kayaking and surfing lessons at John D. MacArthur Beach State Park in North Palm Beach
- The Henry Morrison Flagler Museum historic Beaux-Arts mansion tours, in Palm Beach
For more information on these and other outstanding cultural events in The Palm Beaches, visit our Palm Beach County events calendar.