The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County has announced that the winners of the 2016 Muse Awards have been chosen. The Muse Awards, which will take place on March 31 at the Kravis Center for the Performing Arts, honors individuals and organizations for their contributions to arts and culture in The Palm Beaches. Proceeds raised from the Muse Awards support the Cultural Council’s ongoing programs including artist services, advocacy for cultural organizations and cultural field trips for students in underserved communities.
2016 Muse Award Recipients are:
- Outstanding Civic Leader – Kathi Kretzer-Sayler
- Outstanding Cultural Leader – Irvin Lippman
- Outstanding Art or Cultural Program of the Year – Palm Beach Opera, “Enemies, A Love Story”
- Outstanding Arts & Cultural Organization with a budget under $500,000 – Educational Gallery Group (EG2)
- Outstanding Arts & Cultural Organization with a budget over $500,000 – Palm Beach Dramaworks
- Liman Excellence in Arts Education – Youth Orchestra of Palm Beach County, Inc.
- Ubertalli Award for Visual Arts – Erin Fromkes
- Council’s Choice Award – Loggerhead MarineLife Center
Rena Blades, president and CEO of the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County, said, “The Cultural Council congratulates the 2016 Muse Awards winners, and we look forward to honoring them at the very special Muse Awards program and show on Thursday, March 31. The Muse Awards is an enjoyable evening and a wonderful way to recognize the dedicated artists, arts leaders and volunteers in our community.”
The theme of the 2016 Muse Awards is “Everything Old is New Again.” The evening will celebrate the transition of our arts and cultural heritage in Palm Beach County from the 1900s to the present. The show will explore how art forms have been influenced by the changing times, the convergence of traditional and contemporary styles and the continuing growth of art and culture in The Palm Beaches, Florida’s Cultural Capital®.
Tickets to the 2016 Muse Awards are now on sale at palmbeachculture.com/muse. For sponsorship opportunities and further ticket information please contact Mary Lewis, director of development, at (561) 472-3340 or email@example.com.
(917) 655-3217 mobile/text