The Cultural Council of Palm Beach County has recommended funding to 13 small or emerging organizations in Palm Beach County for fiscal year 2018-19 – the first of two cycles.
The recommendations were approved at the Cultural Council’s board of directors meeting on Wednesday, Sept. 26.
”The Cultural Development Fund supports a diversity of arts and cultural programming focused on children’s education and cultural heritage in The Palm Beaches,” said Jan Rodusky, the Council’s chief grants officer. “These programs advance cultural opportunities for children and youth and create opportunities for Palm Beach County residents to experience innovative cultural programs. The Council is honored to help these organizations grow through our grants program.”
The Cultural Development Fund for Small or Emerging Cultural Organizations is an annual grant program open to nonprofit cultural organizations with operating revenues of at least $25,000. It is funded through ad valorem tax and is one of several public grant programs the Council manages on behalf of the Palm Beach County Board of County Commissioners. The Council also manages several private grants for philanthropists with a desire to support individual artists.
Grant award amounts are based on the organizations’ budget size, grant application score and the funding available. A panel of Cultural Council board members and community volunteers review and score grant applications based on excellence and impact.
FY 2018-19 Cultural Development Fund grantees include:
- Aequalis Inc. d/b/a The Core Ensemble
- Arts Dance Generation Inc.
- Blue Planet International Explorers Bazaar & Writers Room
- Boynton Cultural Centre Inc. d/b/a Schoolhouse Children’s Museum & Learning Center
- Caribbean-American for Community Involvement in Florida Inc.
- Center for Creative Education
- The Chamber Music Society of Palm Beach, Inc.
- The Children’s Museum Inc. of Boca Raton
- The Friends of Sandoway House Nature Center, d/b/a Sandoway Discovery Center
- The Masterworks Chorus of the Palm Beaches, Inc.
- Milagro Foundation Inc. d/b/a Milagro Center
- Street Beat Inc.
- VSA Florida Inc. d/b/a Arts4All Florida – Palm Beach County