Smart Travelers will flee the Arctic Blast, for a Blast of Art in Sunny Palm Beach County
Head to The Palm Beaches this holiday season for warm weather and abundant cultural offerings, advises Palm Beach County’s Cultural Concierge.
In addition to traditional favorites including productions of The Nutcracker, decorated boat parades and seasonal concerts, this December/January in The Palm Beaches is filled with cultural surprises like an exhibition of surfboard art, musical performances by the Kalichstein Robinson Laredo Trio and the Beach Boys, an exhibition of Grateful Dead photos, and play about Truman Capote.
Palm Beach County is so rich in art and culture that it has its very own Cultural Concierge — a free service of the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County to guide visitors in planning their cultural activities.
“This is the ideal time to get away to The Palm Beaches and bask in our gorgeous weather and our inviting arts scene, which ranges from the traditional to the unexpected,” said Bama Lutes Deal, Ph.D., the Cultural Concierge who is ready to help you curate your visit with customized recommendations.
Some of the Cultural Concierge’s favorite recommendations for visitors right now:
- 15 Surfboards by 15 Shapers featuring the work of Tony Arruza, through January 21 at the Cultural Council of Palm Beach County in Lake Worth
- Hungarian Art: A Century of Rebellion and Revival through January 18 at Boca Raton Museum of Art
- Edward S. Curtis: 100 Masterworks, through December 31 at Flagler Museum in Palm Beach
- Dead Images: Photos of the Grateful Dead featuring the work of Robbi Cohn, through January 4 at Palm Beach Photographic Center in West Palm Beach
- Illuminating the Deep, an experience with bioluminescence expert Dr. Edie Widder and artist Steven Bernstein, Ph.D., January 7 at Lighthouse ArtCenter Museum and Gallery in Tequesta
- Kalichstein Robinson Laredo Trio, December 14 and 15 at Kravis Center for the Performing Arts in West Palm Beach
- Tru, Jay Presson Allen’s one-man play about Truman Capote, through January 1 at Palm Beach Dramaworks in West Palm Beach
- American Chamber Players, January 8 at The Society of the Four Arts in Palm Beach
- The Beach Boys, December 16 at Kravis Center for the Performing Arts in West Palm Beach
- Annual Festival of Trees plus an exhibition, Eye on Photography: A Survey of Contemporary Themes, through December 28 at Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens in West Palm Beach
- Holiday Evening Tours at Whitehall, the historic Beaux Arts mansion, December 18-23 at The Flagler Museum in Palm Beach
- Jazz Takes a Holiday with the Dick Lowenthal Orchestra, December 23 at Arts Garage in Delray Beach
- The Great American Dance Band: 1920-1950, with Aaron Kula and the Klezmer Company Jazz Orchestra, January 3 at FAU Lifelong Learning Society in Jupiter
To plan your personalized cultural holiday getaway, connect with the Cultural Concierge at palmbeachculture.com/concierge. Additional highlights of the 2016-2017 Palm Beach County
season can be found in our 2016 – 2017 Season Preview.