Since 1992, south Florida has enjoyed concerts by the Palm Beach Chamber Music Festival each weekend in July. Now in its 27th season, this collective of local career musicians presents a new month of performances, four programs at each of three venues in West Palm Beach, North Palm Beach and Delray Beach (details below). Musical styles range from J.S. Bach’s Brandenburg Concerto No. 4 in G major, for 2 flutes, solo violin and string orchestra, to Eric Ewasen’s Mosaic, for flute, basson and marimba, and always includes an extra sprinkle of lesser known hidden gems by such talents as Giancarlo Menotti, Franz Doppler and Joseph Canteloube.*
Click on each ticketing link (below) for venue details and seating options. *All programs subject to change and will be announced from the stage.
$25 per concerts; $85, festival subscription (4 concerts at a single venue). (561) 547-1070 or pbcmf.org
Program 1 Tickets and Venue: July 6, 7:30 p.m.; July 7, 7:30 p.m.; July 8, 2 p.m.
- Joseph Canteloube, Trio Rustiques for oboe, clarinet and bassoon
- Johann Sebastian Bach, Brandenburg Concerto #4 in G Major, for 2 flutes, solo violin and string orchestra
- Franz Doppler,Paraphrase on Themes from La Sonnambula for 2 flutes and piano
- Felix Mendelssohn, Trio in c minor for violin, cello and piano
Program 2 Tickets and Venue: July 13, 7:30 p.m.; July 14, 7:30 p.m.; July 15, 2 p.m.
- Julio Medaglia, La Belle Epoque en Sud America, for wind quintet
- Juan Crisostomo de Arriaga, String Quartet #1 in d minor
- Astor Piazzolla, Libertango for violin and piano
- Pablo de Sarasate, Carmen Fantasy for violin and piano
- Manuel de Falla, 3 Dances from 3 Cornered Hat for wind quintet and flamenco dancer
Program 3 Tickets and Venue: July 20, 7:30 p.m.; July 21, 7:30 p.m.; July 22, 2 p.m.
- Andrew Lewinter, Nonet for Wind Quintet, violin, viola, cello and bass
- Eric Ewazen, Mosaics for flute, bassoon and marimba
- Gian Carlo Menotti, Trio for clarinet, violin and piano
- Antonin Dvorak, String Quartet No. 12 in F Major, Opus 96, “American”
Program 4 Tickets and Venue: July 27, 7:30 p.m.; July 28, 7:30 p.m.; July 29, 2 p.m.
- Piotr Szewczyk, 3 Summer Sketches for clarinet, bassoon and violin
- Jacques Ibert, Deux Interludes for flute, violin and harp
- John Addison, Serenade for harp and wind quintet
- Franz Schubert, Quintet in A Major, Opus 114, D. 667 “Trout”
* All programs are subject to change.