Bellissima Fine Art handlers will lead a workshop covering the basics of art handling appropriate for both artists and collectors covering such topics as:
- Why proper packing is so important to protect various types of artworks with real life examples of professional packing and improper packing
- What packing materials are used depending on the type of artwork being packed—from Tyvek to French curls
- When to crate, versus standard packing
- Where is the artwork going? Packing for domestic or international shipping, or for storage
- How to properly pack artwork—demonstration and practice (paintings, crates, and unique works)
Participants will have the opportunity to practice packing various types of artworks with Bellissima art handlers. The Council will also dedicate 30 minutes of the session on discussing how to update your artist directory profile.