We are hosting an upcycled macrame workshop where we will use upcycled rope, cord, chunky yarn, can rings, wooden dowels, and yogurt containers to create your very own macrame hanging planter/art piece.
Have you seen all the beautiful macrame creations and ever wondered how to make them yourself? Well now you can!
If you’ve ever tied a knot before, you can make macrame! We will be creating a functional macrame plant hanger from upcycled textiles, yogurt containers, can rings, and dowels!
Structure of the Workshop:
– choose/cut your chosen textile for weaving
– Learn a basic half square knot to create a twisting top
– Learn basic full square knots for the plant cradle
– Learn a forward knot to attach the dowel
– Combine square knots and forward knots to make a fashionable bottom piece of art for your planter
– If time allows, decorate your yogurt container planter