The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is seeking performers for its Evenings at the Council series for its 2021-2022 season in the Project Space (outdoor space directly behind its headquarters in downtown Lake Worth Beach). The free, monthly series will run from November 2021 through May 2022 (approximately five events) and is expected to attract an audience of 100+ per event. Featured performers will receive a cash stipend, production support, and marketing and promotion from the Council’s team of professionals.
The Evenings at the Council series will complement three main themes for the year:
- Gathering (a celebration of getting back together again)
- Being Heard, Being Seen (recognizing LGBTQ+ artists)
- Accessible Art (a showcase of emerging talent and art that is available to everyone)
Performers may include musicians (of any genre), dancers, spoken word poets, beat makers, bands, or a combination of any of these disciplines. Collaboration is encouraged. Stipends will be based on the proposal (estimated $500-$1000 per performance).
How to Submit:
- Performers are invited to submit a brief proposal (500 words or less) about their artistic style, any collaborative elements, and vision for the performance. Please also include the way(s) one of the main themes may be incorporated into the performance (not required).
- Along with the proposal, include:
- Brief bio(s)
- Relevant performance sample links (live and/or recorded) on YouTube, Soundcloud, Bandcamp or performer’s website
- Links to any social media pages
- Submissions should be sent by email to email@example.com. Please include “Evenings at the Council submission” as the subject line.
- Call to Performers Open: Tuesday, June 1, 2021
- Deadline for Submissions: Friday, July 30, 2021
- Performers Notified: Week of August 23, 2021 (No later than August 27)