The Cultural Council for Palm Beach County is pleased to announce the expansion of its Arts in My Backyard Family Saturdays program by bringing it into “backyards” across Palm Beach County. This expansion will begin in Fall 2022 by serving families in Riviera Beach, Belle Glade, and Pahokee in collaboration with Community Partners of South Florida.
The Cultural Council is seeking cultural organizations and/or teaching artists across all disciplines to deliver the content for the monthly Family Saturdays program. Partners will be paid a $500 stipend, plus a budget for supplies. Partners will also have the opportunity to build new audiences and create relationships in those communities. The deadline to apply is August 31, 2022.
About the program:
AIMBY Family Saturdays is an arts-exposure program designed for families with children in search of interactive family arts activities and cultural experiences. Family Saturdays events invite families to discover the arts together as they connect and create memories while acquiring new skills through visual art, dance, nature, theater, and more! Family Saturdays is a free program presented by various arts and cultural organizations and artists in Palm Beach County.
There will be 10 sessions scheduled from October 2022 – July 2023. They will take place on the third Saturday of the month from 10-11:30 a.m. at a designated location in the community. Estimated 20-30 families per session; children ages 2-12. The schedule is as follows (subject to change):
- October 15
- November 19
- December 17
- January 21
- February 18
Belle Glade/Pahokee (combined communities):
- March 18
- April 15
- May 20
- June 17
- July 15
About Community Partners:
This local nonprofit is dedicated to changing the odds for children and families facing social, emotional, and financial adversity. They operate five BRIDGES locations across the county. BRIDGES in an initiative of the Children’s Services Council and are designed as gathering places that connect local families to community resources so more children are born healthy, remain free from abuse and neglect, are ready for kindergarten, and have increased access to quality afterschool and summer programs.
The Cultural Council is seeking interested cultural organizations and/or teaching artists across all disciplines to deliver the programming with the following criteria:
- Must be located/reside in Palm Beach County
- Have experience teaching children and families (this program is designed primarily for K-5 grade age group)
- Available for one or more of the dates/locations above; please indicate preferences
- Have reliable transportation to and from the area of service
- Please submit an application with:
- Name and contact information
- Short description of the proposed 1.5 hr.
- A teaching resume (for teaching artist’s only)
- And the date(s)/service area of interest specified- Riviera Beach and/or Belle Glade and Pahokee (combined event)
- Collaboratives are welcome to apply with a single application; one person should be listed as the primary contact
How to Apply
- Send by email to ART@palmbeachculture.com (Subject line: AIMBY Family Saturdays)
- Application should be included as a PDF attachment
- Questions can be directed to Ericka Squire at (561) 472-3347
- The deadline to apply is Wednesday, August 31, 2022