Palm Beach International Airport, in partnership with Palm Beach County Art in Public Places, is excited to announce the opening of the new Airport Art Gallery!
The new exhibition space boasts enhanced display walls and lighting to better showcase high quality art created by professional and emerging artists who call Palm Beach County home. Works by 15 artists will be featured in exhibitions that change three times a year.
A new video interview element will present personal behind the scenes perspectives from artists about creative process, what inspires them, and other interesting insights into making art with varying materials, techniques and styles. Artist interviews will play on a continuous video loop at the Airport Art Gallery and will air as the “Creativity Takes Flight” show on Palm Beach County’s TV station Channel 20, with clips shared via social media.
Centrally located on level 2 in the atrium near the putting green, the Art Gallery’s pre-security location encourages passengers and locals to discover the exceptional works by locally and internationally renowned artists. As a major gateway to South Florida, Palm Beach International Airport serves over 6.7 million passengers annually and offers over 200 nonstop flights daily.
Exhibition Dates: December 11, 2019 – April 8, 2020
Exhibition Theme: Artfully Discovering The Palm Beaches highlights the diverse beauty there is to discover throughout Palm Beach County.
Artwork Specifications: Artwork must be
- Two-dimensional. Finished on all sides or framed, wired across top third. ALL mediums welcome. No reproductions.
- Minimum size: 30” width x 30” height including frame. Maximum size: 56” width x 70” height including frame.
Online Application & Image Submittal: Only one artwork per artist.
Art submittal is a two-step process. The first step requires that you complete the application. The second step requires emailing jpeg images of your artwork. Jpeg images of your artwork shall not exceed 1920 pixels on the longest side. Please name the artwork file–Lastname_Firstname. If you are submitting an additional jpeg image of your framed artwork, please name second file ArtworkWithFrame_Lastname_Firstname. If the combined file size of submitted jpeg images exceeds 20MB, Palm Beach County cannot receive them.
- Online Application & Images Due: December 2, 2019 4:00pm
- Art Acceptance Notification: December 6, 2019 4:00pm
- Deliver Artwork to Airport Art Gallery / Artist Video Interviews: December 11, 2019, 9:30am-2:30pm. To facilitate artwork delivery and the video interview process, accepted artists will be assigned a time to drop off their artwork, and be interviewed. Artists should plan to be at the Airport Art Gallery for at least 30 minutes to complete art intake and their interview. Upon notification, selected artists will receive delivery time and interview questions in order to prepare for the interview. If artists are not available to deliver their work personally at assigned delivery time, their artwork will still be included in the video, but without an interview.
- Reception: February 20, 2020, 5:30-7:00pm
- Pick-Up Artwork at Airport Art Gallery: April 8, 2020 10:00-11:00am
Nichole Hickey began creating art at a young age and has been working in the arts field for 19 years. Currently she is focusing on her new body of mixed media works, as well as curating personal and public collections. Formerly she worked with Palm Beach County professional artists for 9 years, curating and installing exhibitions. She also represented gallery artists and sought out new talent for a Palm Beach gallery, which took her to Manhattan and all over the world. Her B.A. is in Art History from the University of Wisconsin.
Curator: Elayna Toby Singer, Palm Beach County Art in Public Places Administrator
Art Sales: Artists keep 100% of income from sales. Artwork that sells cannot be removed until the end of the show.
On February 20, 2020 at 5:30pm the public is invited to meet featured artists and discover their extraordinary talents. With live music by locally based performance artists and yummy refreshments, this event is one of season’s most popular happenings. Complimentary parking is offered to reception attendees in the Short Term Parking Lot, excluding SunPass.
For More Information: Elayna Toby Singer, Art in Public Places Administrator (561) 233-0235, email@example.com
Click below to complete the application. At the end of completing the application form, you will be prompted to email jpeg images of your artwork.