The HMS Visiting Artists Fellowship is a new initiative at Palm Beach State College made possible by a generous grant from the Helen M. Salzberg family. The fellowship aims to provide support for contemporary visual artists in Palm Beach County and works collaboratively with the Studio Art Program at Palm Beach State College.
The HMS Visiting Artists Fellowship provides an endowment of $6,000 to one selected artist per year and facilitate exhibition and mentoring opportunities for this Visiting Artist. Selected artists will be responsible for fulfilling the following obligations:
- Selected artists agree to donate one work or a limited-edition original print to the HMS Fine Arts Study Art Collection.
- Selected artists must make a lecture presentation for a student group and/or a community engagement workshop on or off campus. Additional funds of $1,000 per event for the facilitation of either a lecture presentation and/or community engagement workshop will be provided.
- Selected artists are expected to make themselves available for mentorship opportunities on or off campus with the HMS Student Arts Mentorship recipients totaling 50-100 hours.
- Selected artists must write a year-end fellowship summary of their activities for presentation to the HMS Visiting Artists Fellowship Committee.
- Selected artists agree to participate in a Biennale at the HMS Fine Arts Gallery.
The 2022 HMS Visiting Artists Fellowship Application Deadline is September 1, 2022.