The Cultural Council is collecting applications for visual artists of color who are interested in selling their work at an Artist Marketplace that will be featured at the 2nd Arts & Tourism Summit on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion & Accessibility at the Palm Beach County Convention Center on Thursday, August 31 from Noon to 4 p.m. Nearly 300 professionals from the arts and tourism sectors are expected to attend. Twenty (20) artists will be selected to participate and will each receive a $100 stipend. Selection will be based on interest and a variety of mediums.
The deadline to apply is May 25, 2023. Selected artists will be notified by June 9, 2023.
About The Summit
The Arts & Tourism Summit on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Accessibility (The Summit) is a two-day conference at the Palm Beach County Convention Center on August 30 and 31, 2023, that provides professional development, tools, and strategies to address issues of DEIA. The Summit will feature nationally recognized keynote speakers, panel discussions with local experts, and breakout sessions providing targeted workshops and facilitated dialog. The event will also feature inspiring cultural performances, designated networking opportunities, an artist market, a DEIA vendor spotlight, and an opening night reception. The content is designed for Palm Beach County arts and tourism leaders, and employees at every level working at cultural institutions, tourist attractions, hotels, restaurants, and across the arts and hospitality sectors. The Summit’s fundamental goal is for DEIA not to just be a two-day focus, but that the audience leaves with new perspectives, contacts, and opportunities for action.
This event is hosted by the Cultural Council for Palm Beach County, Discover The Palm Beaches, Palm Beach County Sports Commission, and the Palm Beach County Film & Television Commission, in partnership with the Palm Beach County Tourist Development Council and Barry University.
The Council will provide:
- One (1) 8′ x 30″ Linen & Skirted Table in the designated Artist Marketplace area (outside the Main Ballroom)
- Access to electric, upon advance notice
- $100 stipend to be paid by check on the day of The Summit (invoice and W9 required)
- Complimentary parking and Wi-Fi
Interested visual artists should meet the following criteria:
- Identify as an artist of color
- Reside in Palm Beach County
- Have the ability to set up and break down their own vendor table and process payments
How to Apply
Please send an email to ART@palmbeachculture.com (Subject line: Visual Artist – The Summit) with:
- Contact information (phone and email)
- City of residence
- Artist statement and/or short description of artwork that would be displayed/for sale at the Marketplace
- 1-3 images of artwork that would be displayed/for sale at the Marketplace
- Confirm whether access to electric is required for set-up